nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com nujindia.com
nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1 nujindia.com1
 
PRESIDENT'S DESK SECRETARY GEN.
Ras Bihari
Ras Bihari
President

Over 35 years with the mainstream newspapers, including 20 years with Dainik Hindustan, in different capacities. Metro Edit
Read More ...

Prasanna Mohanty
Prasanna Mohanty

Senior Journalist and Political analyst.

 


Read More ...

 
Journalists Are Under Grave Threat In Afghanistan, NUJI Requests Indian Journalists To Stand For Their Safety << पीछे जाइए

1629350696_NUJ_LOGO.jpg

Journalists Are Under Grave Threat In Afghanistan, NUJI Requests Indian Journalists To Stand For Their Safety

New Delhi: Journalists are under grave threat in Afghanistan. Nearly 98 percent of the media houses have stopped working while the remaining 2% are operating according to Taliban diktats.18 provinces out of 34 are under the strong influence of the Taliban and almost all the journalists working there have fled to Kabul. According to the sources, The media houses are now allegedly working on Shariat principles as desired by the Taliban. Women journalists working in electronic media as anchors and reporters are off the air. The journalist unions and international organizations are trying to establish safety for those journalists.

International Journalists organizations have started showing their solidarity towards the safety and wellbeing of Journalists in Afghanistan. National Union of Journalists India (NUJI) has requested the Indian Journalists fraternity to get united and stand for the safety of Journalists working in Afghanistan. On Thursday, in a press release Ras Bihari, President, National Union of Journalists India (NUJI), said, “On behalf of the National Union of Journalists India (NUJI), I would like to draw your attention on the difficult situation of Afghanistan’s journalists following its taken over by Taliban on August 15. Nearly 98 percent of the media houses have stopped working while the remaining 2% are operating according to Taliban diktats. The media houses are now allegedly working on Shariat principles as desired by the Taliban. About 7000 registered journalists and news reporters are working in Afghanistan. “

 

 

 

He further said, “According to AIJA, the country has 3,577 press agencies working inside Afghanistan which includes 248 television networks, 438 radio networks, 1,699 printing presses and 119 news agencies. Women journalists are off the air. All the journalists and other staff employed by media houses are under grave threat as of now.  18 provinces out of 34 are under the strong influence of the Taliban and almost all the workers and activists working there have fled to Kabul. The journalist unions and international organizations are trying to establish safety for those journalists.”

Ras Bihari, requesting all the Indian Journalists to stand for the safety of Journalists working in Afghanistan, said, “The NUJI is in complete solidarity with Afghanistan journalists and requests you all to send your message to us for their well being and safety.”

 

 

 


VIEW / DOWNLOAD PDF FILE

Bookmark and Share
 
Untitled Document
NATIONAL UNION OF JOURNALISTS ( I ) WWW.NUJINDIA.COM
MANAGED BY : MCKPRD INFOTECH